I love experimenting and here is our take on this loved classic, and we call it the B.E.L.T. That is Bacon, Egg, Lettuce & Tomato layered inside toasted bread and a home mixed Honey Mustard. It is simple, tasty and with a little variations you can create other wonderful sandwiches for your family and friends.
Here are the ingredients:
– Turkey Bacon, baked or grilled. Drain off excessive oil (Pork bacon can be used if preference allows)
– Eggs (cooked to your preference. I like it sunny side up, with a runny yolk)
– Tomato (Make sure they are ripe and you slice them thin and evenly)
– Toasted bread (white or wholemeal, both work)
– Mustar-naise (3 portions of your favourite mayo, 1 portion of regular mustard, 1 portion of honey, 1/2 teaspoon pepper)
Assemble it, invite your good friends and enjoy!!
Replace the bread with bagel and put in a twist. Small variations keeps this simple recipe fresh.
It’s always nice to share yummy food with good friends. Ask Paul & Criz about this experience.