Today is the 6th day of our local leave or staycation in Dubai. Our original plan was to visit my family in Canada and spend a lovely 3 weeks summer vacation in a “not so” warm place (if you know what I mean). Everything has been planned out, annual leave booked, itinerary finalised, but we had a change of heart when we found out that our holiday budget will just go to cover for our flight tickets alone! We just realised it has become more expensive to travel to Canada with a family of 5.
Hubby Peter being the logical one, suggested a game plan “just save the money for the rainy days”. Easier said than done!
How can we not travel? My restless feet wants to walk and explore new places. We need to rest and have break from the usual work and daily routine. And the thought of my family already expecting us to visit them as well as the kids have been looking forward to this family vacation and then it will be cancelled is just upsetting.
I know Hubby has a point and I need to agree! With all the expected and unexpected bills in the coming days such as fuel price increase, sending 2 kids to school and upcoming house rent renewal, I knew we really need to save for the rainy days.
It took a lot of consideration, thoughts, prayers, deep down in my heart it won’t be wise for us to push through as planned. We wouldn’t be good stewards of GOD’s blessings if we pursued going to Canada this summer. Even if we can afford the trip, we cannot set aside the future bills that will come our way, whether we like it or not. Both of us were in agreement and informed our families and kids of the change in plan.
However, we didn’t want the kids to have a dull summer vacation, so Around the UAE in 14 days was born! We thought of cost effective ways to give our little Munchkins the attention they deserve from us and a lavish staycation without breaking the bank.
So why consider staycation in the UAE during summer?
- We don’t need to stay outdoors, there are so many indoor activities that we can take the kids to
- Rates during summer are relatively cheaper (like 50% off), including hotel stays
- Dubai is voted as one of the Top 25 TRAVELERS’ CHOICE™ DESTINATIONS 2015 as per TripAdvisor
- UAE has 3 of the Top 25 Best Water Parks as per TripAdvisor, and we are going to Aquaventure as part of our #AroundtheUAEin14days itinerary
- There are so many things that we are still to explore in this place despite many years of residing in this place
These are just aside from the fact that we will be able to save up for the rainy season!
These are the things we’ve done so far